The NYSCA is a membership organization comprised of members who are chiropractors licensed by the state of New York (or students currently matriculated in a chiropractic degree granting educational program accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and/or the New York State Education Department). The NYSCA does not discriminate in the nomination or selection of a member based upon the member's race, faith, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, or sexual, social, biological orientation or gender identity.
All members of the NYSCA must be of good moral character in compliance and comportment with the New York State Regents Rules, Parts 28 - Determination of Good Moral Character in the Professions and Part 29 - Unprofessional Conduct (§29.1 - General provisions; §29.2 - General provisions for health professions) and the NYSCA Code of Professional Ethics.
Classifications of Membership
Active Regular Membership
- Any person duly licensed to practice chiropractic in New York whose license is current and who meets any other qualifications for membership as may be specified from time to time by the NYSCA may apply and be eligible for active regular membership in the NYSCA.
- Any person duly licensed to practice chiropractic in New York may apply and be eligible for associate membership in the NYSCA whose license is current and who meets any other qualifications for membership as may be specified from time to time by the NYSCA and who:
- is the spouse of a chiropractor who is a current active regular member of the NYSCA; or
- is a chiropractor employed by a chiropractor who is a current active regular member of the NYSCA.
- Any person duly licensed to practice chiropractic in New York and who meets any other qualifications for membership as may be specified from time to time by the NYSCA and who:
may apply and be eligible for affiliate membership in the NYSCA.
- is not in active practice and is a full-time staff member in residence at a chiropractic or other accredited university, college, school or institution; or
- is not in active practice but is employed full-time as supplier/vendor of chiropractic products and services, and other practice equipment, in service to members of the chiropractic professional field; or
- is a full-time employee of any recognized governmental agency; or
- is a member of the Armed Forces of the US on active duty; or
- practices exclusively in a state or jurisdiction other than NYS
- An out-of-state affiliate member (bullet point #5 above) may be recognized on the floor of any meeting of the NYSCA membership, provided that the member had been enrolled in active affiliate membership for a period of at least ninety (90) days prior to the convocation of said meeting. Such an affiliate member may neither vote on any NYSCA balloted item or election nor hold office within the NYSCA as an Officer or Member of the Board of Directors.
- Any student matriculated and attending a chiropractic-degree-granting program accredited by the CCE and/or recognized and accredited by the NYSED may apply and be eligible for student membership in the NYSCA provided that at the time of his or her application, the student has not yet received a DC degree.
- Student membership shall remain in effect until such time as the student member receives a license to practice chiropractic and up to one year thereafter, but shall not continue more than one year beyond the date of his or her graduation from Chiropractic College.