by NYSCA Insurance Committee | 9/25/2018 1:26:43 PM
It’s that time of year again. As you may be aware, every year since its inception, there have been updates to ICD-10 codes. Some years have more changes, others fewer. As of October 1, 2018 the following changes will go into effect:
M79.1 myalgia will be deleted and replaced with the following codes:
- M79.10 myalgia, unspecified site
- M79.11 myalgia of mastication muscles
- M79.12 myalgia of auxiliary muscles of head and neck
- M79.18 myalgia of other site
Type 1 excludes include M79.7-fibromyalgia and M60.9 myositis. If you are diagnosing myalgia in a region other than muscles of mastication or head/neck it is advised to use M79.18 as M79.10 is a non-specific code.
G71.0 muscular dystrophy will be deleted and replaced with the following codes:
- G71.00 muscular dystrophy, unspecified
- G71.01 Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy
- G71.02 fascioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy
- G71.09 other specified muscular dystrophy
H57.8 other specified disorders of eye and adnexa will be deleted and replaced with:
- H57.811 brow ptosis, right
- H57.812 brow ptosis, left
- H57.813 brow ptosis, bilateral
- H57.819 brow ptosis unspecified
- H57.89 other specified disorder of eyen and adnexa
F53 puerperal psychosis will be deleted and replaced with
- F53.0 post-partum depression
- F53.1 puerperal psychosis
These codes take effect on October 1, 2018 for dates of service on and after October 1, 2018.
ChiroCode Alert: 2019 Code Changes are Just Around the Corner - Are You Ready?