by NYSCA Workers' Compensation Committee | 11/28/2017 9:16:08 AM
By now most, if not all, healthcare providers will have received notice from the New York State Workers' Compensation Board advising providers of their responsibility to register with the WCB and update their office address and contact information. Authorized providers are asked to register with the Board and update their office address(es) and contact information by December 29, 2017. This registration process will be an ongoing initiative every two to three years.
The purpose of this process is to enable injured workers to easily and accurately identify Board-authorized healthcare providers. Note that the WCB has advised that failure to register prior to the deadline will result in removal from the WCB's public directory of authorized providers. Additionally, the doctor will also become ineligible for the disputed bill process.
If you have general questions regarding provider registration contact the WCB's Customer Support at (844) 377-6305.
To enroll using the paperless process you must have a:
- NYS DMV Driver License or NYS DMV Non-driver Photo ID
- NYS Education Department registered medical professional license
Where do I go to apply for an HCS account?
- Open your web browser and enter this website in the address bar: https://apps.health.ny.gov/pub/top.html
How do I apply for an account?
- Click ‘Apply for an HCS Medical Professions account’
- Click ‘I have a NYS DMV driver license or NYS DMV Non-driver Photo ID’
- NOTE: If you do not have a NYS driver license, you can still apply by clicking ‘I do not have a NYS DMV driver license or NYS DMV Non-driver Photo ID’
- Enter your medical profession information, click Submit
- Important! Your first and last name, license type. Professional license number, and SSN must match what is in the NYSED Office of the Professions
- Enter your DMV information from your driver license or non-driver photo ID exactly as it appears on your driver’s license, click Submit
- Important! Your first and last name, license number, date of birth, gender, and zip code must match what is on your NYS driver license or NYS Nondriver photo ID
- Enter your contact information (fields marked with an asterisk are required)
- Agree to the terms outlined in the Security and Use Policy (SAUP), check the box, and Submit
- Create your new password, confirm the password, click Submit
- Congratulations, you have an HCS account. Keep your userid as it will be required for all HCS access
How do I sign on the HCS?
- Click the HCS website link in your congratulations page when applying OR your congratulations email that you received https://commerce.health.state.ny.us
- Enter your User ID in the appropriate field
- Enter your Password in the appropriate field
- Click Sign in