- The American Chiropractic Association's (ACA) House of Delegates (HOD) met as part of the 2016 National Chiropractic Leadership Conference (NCLC) in Washington, D.C., Feb. 24-27, and elected David A. Herd, DC, of Geneva, N.Y., to serve as president. Dr. Herd, who graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, previously served on the ACA Board of Governors as vice president of ACA.
Dr. Herd has been a leader in the chiropractic profession for decades, previously serving as ACA's New York state delegate, as well as secretary, treasurer, vice president and president of the Rochester district of the New York State Chiropractic Association. He has served as an assistant professor of chiropractic studies at New York Chiropractic College in Seneca Falls, N.Y. He also served on the boards of directors of the Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters and the Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research.
Joining Dr. Herd on ACA's Executive Committee are Vice President Karen K. Konarski-Hart, DC, of Little Rock, Ark., and Chairman of the Board of Governors (BOG) N. Ray Tuck, DC, of Christiansburg, Va.
Lewis G. Squires, DC, of Scottville, Mich., was newly elected to the BOG as the governor for District 2, replacing outgoing governor James L. Rehberger, DC, of Highland, Ill. Robert C. Jones, DC, of Albuquerque, N.M., was also newly elected to the BOG as the governor for District 6, replacing outgoing governor Michael Simone, DC, of Fort Lupton, Colo. William H. Doggett, DC, and Christopher A. Dolecki, DC, the alternate state delegates for New Mexico and Michigan, respectively, will finish Dr. Jones' and Dr. Squires' terms in the HOD.
Continuing on the BOG are:
- Anthony W. Hamm, DC, of Goldsboro, N.C., immediate past president
- Kelli K. Pearson, DC, of Spokane Valley, Wash., District 1 governor
- Richard M. Bruns, DC, of Bangor, Maine., District 4 governor and immediate past chairman of the BOG
- Craig A. Newman, DC, of Tampa, Fla., District 5 governor
- Lawrence R. Davis, DC, of Reno, Nev., District 7 governor
Keith Overland, DC, of Norwalk, Conn., completed his 11th term on the BOG. Dr. Overland served as president of ACA from September 2011 to March 2014, during which time the association sought increased health care choices for patients and parity for chiropractic physicians as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was implemented across the country.
In Council of Delegates elections, Leo Bronston, DC, of Onalaska, Wis., Michele J. Maiers, DC, MPH, PhD, of Minneapolis, Minn., andDale White, Jr., DC, of Fort Worth, Texas, were elected president, vice president, and secretary respectively.
A complete list of ACA leadership is available online. For photos from the HOD meeting, please contact ACA's communications department.
NCLC is the premier national conference for doctors of chiropractic, chiropractic assistants and chiropractic doctoral students. The event brings together the best of chiropractic, including current and future leaders, by exposing them to important professional briefings, cutting-edge education programs and opportunities to meet with elected officials and colleagues.
ATTRIBUTION TO THE 2016 NATIONAL CHIROPRACTIC LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE IS REQUESTED IN ALL NEWS COVERAGE.