by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services | 9/2/2015 3:52:41 PM
With ICD-10 less than 30 days away, now is the time to get ready. You can make sure your practice is prepared by following the ABCs of ICD-10:
Today, we’ll explore “C” – “Contact your vendors.”
If you aren’t sure your systems are ready for ICD-10, contact your vendors and other business trading partners.
Ask about testing opportunities
Confirm vendors and products are ICD-10-ready
- Call your vendors to confirm the ICD-10 readiness of your practice’s systems
- Confirm that the health plans, clearinghouses, and third-party billing services you work with are ICD-10 ready
- Ask vendors, health plans, clearinghouses, and third-party billers about testing opportunities
- Many EHR vendors are including ICD-10 in their systems or upgrades—at little or no cost to their customers
- You can use forms available in the Road to 10’s Template Library to guide discussions with vendors, health plans, clearinghouses, and billing services
- Double check that you’ve identified all systems that use ICD codes—e.g., practice management systems, claims submission systems, electronic health record (EHR) products—when contacting vendors
- Update contracts with vendors and health plans as needed
Keep Up to Date on ICD-10
Visit the CMS ICD-10 website and Roadto10.org for the latest news and resources to help you prepare. Sign up for CMS ICD-10 Email Updates and follow us on Twitter.